Doctor Who blasted back onto our screens triumphantly last week with The Pilot. An exciting, glorious, fun adventure introducing new companion Bill to the TARDIS, and brought us back into The Doctor’s world with a bang. But What Did The Time Ladies think? I hear you ask. Read on to find out 50 things we thought while watching the episode…
1) Nardole is a robot! That’s how he survived the Husbands of River Song!
2) Bill’s fashion sense is ON POINT.
3) The Doctor keeps photos of River Song and Susan on his desk. NOT CRYING. AT ALL.
4) A cup full of sonic screwdrivers!
5) Of course, you can’t have 12 without his guitar. Very cool.
6) The Doctor is… a lecturer?
7) Bill Potts is funny! And clever! Lots of question asking, we like her.
8) The Doctor is giving Bill a place at the university. He’s doing that saving people thing, even just as a lecturer.
9) The music feels fresh and exciting, just like Bill.
10) This is all very Rose Tyler. The alarm clock! The flashes into Bill’s life! SO ROSE.
11) Bill is so gay, and it’s brilliant. The portrayal of her sexuality isn’t forced or rushed. It’s perfect!
12) A mysterious vault under the university. Well, of course, there’s more to the Doctor’s lecturing duties.
13) Heather seems to have an underlying story. She seems… broken. A good representation of depression if ever we saw one.
14) That puddle is very alarming…
15) Bill and Heather, what a tribute to the first Doctor himself!
16) Bill and the Doctor having mini Christmas is ADORABLE.
17) The relationship between Bill and her foster mother seems very strained, we hope we see more about these two throughout the series!
18) Pearl Mackie is breaking our hearts when she finds the photos of her real mother. Doctor you old softy! What a scene.
20) HEATHER IS IN THE CREEPY PUDDLE. THIS IS TERRIFYING.
21) ‘Penguin with its arse on fire’
22) The Doctor and Bill are just BRILLIANT together. Capaldi and Mackie bounce off each other effortlessly!
23) Something scary in Bill’s flat… Doctor Who at its finest!
24) IT’S HEATHER. Oh my. SHE’S DEAD! AND SHE’S GETTING WATER EVERYWHERE!
25) The effects are incredible, it all looks so real!
26) BILL IN THE TARDIS BILL IN THE TARDIS BILL IN THE TARDIS. This is INSANE!
27) This scene has been done a billion times, yet it’s still exciting, magical and glorious.
28) The Doctor/Nardole/Bill dynamic works really well. Comedy AND chemistry!
29) More Rose parallels, as The Doctor tries to get everyone out of the restaurant.
30) Bill’s first planet. N’aww they grow up so fast.
31) Every scene with Bill and Heather makes us AWWWW! So. Cute.
32) Daleks! And this is where Friend From The Future fits in! Moffat you clever man.
33) And Movellans! #tbt.
34) Murray Gold is hurting our souls with this soundtrack. Hauntingly beautiful!
35) Heather promised she wouldn’t leave, and that’s why she’s stuck following Bill around! Heart= broken.
36) Bill’s theme is stunning
37) Bill is crying, Heather is crying, we’re crying.
38) Heather and Bill BELONGED TOGETHER. DAMN YOU MOFFAT!
39) The Doctor has more secrets. We sense a series arc!
40) This is the most exciting thing to happen to Bill. She’s so normal and relatable.
41) More tears as Clara’s theme plays and the Doctor lets Bill go with her memories intact.
42) Bill’s amazing wardrobe strikes again. Hayley Nebauer has done a fantastic job.
43) Susan and River. D’awwwww.
44) HE’S GOING TO TAKE HER WITH HIM!
45) This whole episode has been shot SO beautifully.
46) THIS IS PERFECT.
47) THE MUSIC. THE COSTUMES. THE EFFECTS.
48) WHAT AN EPISODE!
49) This story is already a firm favourite…
50) So! Many! Questions! We can’t wait until next week!